Thursday, February 11, 2010

Perks of Exercising

I workout five days a week, and most days I ride an exercise bike for miles (as well as walk, swim, lift, etc). I'm feeling better and stronger with each passing week, and feeling good about myself because I know how hard I'm working. As I pedal the bike I read a book or magazine to help pass the time. This week I have been reading the church magazine, "The Ensign".

Today I realized a fringe benefit of working out. As I multitask I'm not only strengthening my body, but also my spirit!

Just this week I had read articles that have taught me:

The importance of nourishing my Spirit ~ To seek the Lord and draw near to Him ~ To hold on to the Lord during difficult times ~ That we can overcome trials with the Lord's help ~ That the Lord loves and remembers us always ~ How to become more self-reliant ~ To take time to gaze into the heavens at the stars and planets which are evidence of God's majesty ~ To remember that God created all things and has all the wisdom and power ~ That the Savior's grace is sufficient for all and that He atoned for EVERYONE ~ That we must be spiritually prepared to face the difficulties and challenges in our lives ~ To remember that we DO NOT walk alone through life ~ That like the Wise Man who built his house upon the rock, we too must build our lives on the firm foundation of the Lord ~ That we should try to stay out of debt ~ That we can only be redeemed through the precious blood of Christ ~ That Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ will NEVER give up on us ~ That it's very important to discipline with love ~ That we MUST put our family before other worldly endeavors ~ And that God's love for us is infinite and eternal!!!!

Even though my Spirit isn't visible, I want it to be just as strong as my body; I want it to be firm and unshakable during the turbulent days that will inevitably be ahead, and I'm thankful for this chance to be strengthened from the inside out!

1 comment:

  1. Barb that is soooo admirable! You are a strength to others as well, especially me!

    ReplyDelete